Friday, January 3, 2014

Artist's Rolls

On Christmas Day, Santa has a big order to fill when it comes to stuffing 15 stockings at my house...well, 16 counting mine, which always seems to get chocolate-covered-cherries every year! This Christmas, I managed to add something handmade to most of the stockings. (Sorry, guys.) 
All of my grandchildren are quite the little artists, but three are particularly passionate. Artist's Rolls, to hold markers, crayons or pencils seemed the perfect stocking stuffer for them. Do you recognize that leftover Batman fabric from the twin quilts I was making this time last year? Now, Ollie and Ezzie have art rolls to match their quilts
 And, four year old Maelie, who is a flamingo fanatic, can look at her favorite pink bird every time she decides to draw one (which is often!).
 She assures me that she loves me more than flamingos, though!
 If you'd like to know how to create an artist's roll for a little person, or, perhaps, for yourself, (I think that I want one) I found this great tutorial at Ellison Lane.
 Now, back to your regularly scheduled program!
 Happy first weekend in 2014!

10 comments:

  1. Goodness girl, you set the "grandma bar" very high :). Great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute picture Carla! You look like you are having fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful picture of you and your girls. Nothing like being wrapped in the love of grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is a lot of stockings. Love the art roll. Thank you for the link my grands will love them too. Very cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea. As a kid, my Aunt and Grandma used to fill brown paper bags with little goodies like pencils and candy for Christmas. Each little item individually wrapped too. Oh how we all looked forward to diving into our brown bags. Simple times and fun memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made a simple one years ago by just folding and sewing a tea towel and adding a tie, but these are MUCH snazzier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these....sooooo precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're such a great Lolly, always thinking of cute and useful things to sew for your grandies. I bet they enjoy their crayon roll-ups. Your last photo is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahaha love the photo! Someone loves having their photo taken.

    ReplyDelete