Monday, July 22, 2013

Snowballs for Ezra

When I recently borrowed some quilts I've gifted to my son and his family, I was happily reunited with a bright, cheerful snowball quilt that I'd almost forgotten about! Since I made the lap quilt before I began blogging, I've never featured it on Lollyquiltz. I thought that you might enjoy seeing it today!
 Made five years ago, to match my grandson's nursery, the colors were chosen to coordinate with the bright, large polka dot used in some of the blocks. From a distance those dots almost look pieced, don't they! I remember having a ball creating the border using strips inserted into the red fabric.
 The quilt is simply machine quilted with a meandering stitch found on my Bernina. The light-handed quilting makes for a cuddly quilt.
 Snowballs for Ezra was made to be used as a wallhanging for a baby boy's bedroom.But...  
oh my, how five years flies by for little boys!

8 comments:

  1. How clever of you to use the spotted fabric in that manner! Such a happy quilt AND a happy Ezra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fantastic border! Aren't snowballs fun? Thanks for bringing this one in for a gander!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt. Time DOES fly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful Carla! Love his name. Bless you : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the dotted fabric worked in your overall design. Added great contrast to the scale. Well done. And a sweet little boy too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dots just say "fun",don't they? Ezra certainly looks happy and I'm sure that quilt makes him smile every time he looks at it and remembers his clever granny who made it for him. Bless him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute, cute! It actually almost looks like hexagons! Sure like the bright colors - it's just playful. Hmm, guess you thought so too, shooting this at a playground. You're so darned talented and clever!

    ReplyDelete