Tuesday, February 5, 2013

February 365 Photo Challenge: Week 1

Another week of prompts and another week of pictures...this was my favorite seven days of captures so far! I'm becoming a bit more comfortable with playing with my camera settings and looking for good subjects with a story to tell. This week I witnessed a gorgeous moonrise; photographed my favorite vintage mixing bowls; came face to face with Rambo (look closely); enjoyed drinking from a new mug with a special message; spent time with my favorite l year old; finished a quilt called Playing in the Road; and mixed up some yummy apple bread. Take a look...

January 29: A Shadow

 January 30: Circle

 January 31: On the Thirds


February 1: Heartfelt Sentiments

February 2: A Faceless Portrait

February 3: A Pop of Red

February 4: Beat


12 comments:

  1. Moonrise is my favourite this week! Can you explain what "on the thirds" means?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the Thirds is the concept of dividing your picture into thirds both horizontally and vertically and then aligning the subject where the lines intersect. It avoids always "centering" the subject.

      Delete
  2. Lovely pictures! Enjoyed the little pop of red in there ...

    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great bunch of photos that reflect the theme words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! I missed it....what kind of camera do you have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband gifted me with a Canon Rebel T1i on my birthday last year!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! That moon rise is incredible and those little red shoes are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your photos, each one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your words are so much fun! Much better than the Scatterday words which are just plain difficult. Love that moonrise and shadows. Gorgeous! Your photography just keeps getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those little red shoes in the faceless portrait! SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Shadow, Circles, and a faceless portrait. I think the latter is my favorite! Wow. Very good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photography is just really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete