If you would like to be part of the I Spy Charm Swap, here are the guidelines. Please read carefully:
1.Leave me a comment on this post telling me that you want to enter the swap. I will then send you an email giving you my mailing address. This is important....leave me your email address in the comments if you are a no-reply blogger. If you do not hear back from me, then that will be because you are no-reply and I don't have your email address! If you are unsure...check your blogger profile.
2. We will be swapping sets of 20 charm squares, each 5 inch square. You may send more than one set of 20 charms, up to 5 sets. Each set that you send to me can be cut from the same fabric. You should be able to cut 20 five inch squares from around 1/2 yard of fabric depending on the design spacing. If you send more than one set, please use a different fabric for each set. I will divide up the charms randomly and return back to you 20 different charms per set. At least that is the goal, and I will try hard to do that! (If you send several sets, please realize that you might get duplicate charms in return.)
3. Please send 100 percent cotton, quilt shop quality fabrics only. Do not prewash the fabric.
Be accurate in cutting the 5 inch squares. The novelty design should be good size, not tiny...it needs to be easily recognizable from a distance.Try to have the character centered on the charm as much as possible. Please do not send licensed designs, i.e. Disney characters, NFL mascots, and such. Be creative in your shopping...it would be great to not have too many sending me the same fabrics! (If you send me licensed or tiny prints, then I will have to mail them back to you....sorry.) See samples below and above...
4. Place each set of 20 charms in a zip lock sandwich size baggie. Include your name, address, and email on a piece of paper inside each baggie. Put your baggies in an appropriate size envelope. When you take it to the post office and have it weighed for accurate postage, please buy and include the same amount of postage inside the envelope so that I can return your new charms to you. I will provide the return envelopes. You just need to give me the postage. Does that make sense?
5. The last day for me to receive the charms is May 31. I will email you when I receive your charms. If you are sending them from outside the US, please keep this in mind as it sometimes takes weeks for packages to arrive. I will divide up the charms on Wednesday, June 1. Anything received after that will be returned to you.
6. Several of you have indicated that you would like to swap pairs of charms so that you can play a matching game with your quilt. If this is the case, then I would suggest that you send me two sets of charms and I will do my best to return to you two sets that match. Let me know when you sign up if you would like two exact sets in return.
We've got fun ahead! I'll put up the pattern tutorial in the next few weeks.
Thank you for playing along!