Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekend Stitching

In between helping my son's family move to a new home over the weekend,
 I had some fun in my sewing room...
 Little Jane is teething and in need of some cute new bibs.
 Hopefully, little Janie Sue will feel very stylish wearing
 Sherbet Pips and Denise Schmidt!
It was fun to add a little decoration to the front of each bib.
I made the pattern by tracing a purchased bib 
and adding seam allowances.
 I like to use a snap as a closure on the back, rather than velcro.
 Flannel makes an absorbent backing.
 I also had a couple of Bee Blocks for April to finish up.
This wonky star for Andie, in the One Block Over Bee, is made from
 gorgeous blue and black fabrics
with white linen as the background.
It was my first experience with using linen in a quilt block....I like it!
 
"April Showers" fabric by Alexander Henry is the perfect background print
for the April block in the Calendar of Houses Bee.
Mary's tutorial at Molly Flanders was the inspiration for the cute house.


So far, 22 quilters have officially signed up for the
 I SPY SWAP!
There's room for lots more, so let me know if you would
like to play along and I will send you my address.
See this post for the guidelines.

I have a couple of entries that did not leave me an email address.
Plima, from Canada and Emily Sands, please contact me again
with your email, so that I can let you know my info.
Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. Such adorable bibs! I love linen too...it has such great texture. Great house! Can I come over for a cup of coffee!!! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bibs are so cute! I love your fabric choices. I think putting the cute decoration on the front of each was a perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable bibs! What a clever and industrious Lolly you are. Your bee blocks are nice too. I'm glad you were able to sew in between bouts of physical activity. Moving is meant for the young though, isn't it?

    I've emailed quilt-y friends to see if they'll join your swap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! Sewing for babies is so much fun isn't it?

    Love your bee blocks too!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bibs! I really need to make some bigger ones for my 2yo.

    ReplyDelete