Friday, June 11, 2010

Cookies Anyone?

Or maybe a donut?  I love 'em both and now I can have my fill whenever I want without worrying about those pesky ole calories!!


I need new pot holders....badly.  What you are looking at are the pads I won in last night's Pot Holder Swap at the Kansas City Modern Quilt Guild.  Aren't they a great matched set?  Cute as can be. Guess what. They were made by two different quilters! Who'da thunk it that I would draw the numbers for both!  It was just meant to be, I think.


Here's a view from the back. Cute as the front and just as calorie free.  I can just put on the tea pot and plunk my cup down on a different donut every morning to get my sugary fix, don't you think?
The pot holders were made by Barbara and Mary, both friends of mine.  They were sitting together at the meeting and had each made pads from similar fabric without knowing it. It is so much fun when things like that work out so great.  My mother-in-law always loved coincidences (she called them God-incidents) and always had one to tell me about. If she were still living, I'd enjoy sharing this one with her. And this one..................................










These are the hot pads that I made and brought to swap. I had a wonderful time picking through my selvage collection to make them. I don't know if you can tell from the photo, but I pleated a strip of selvage in the center of the hot pad on the right....kinda fun!
Guess who won one of them?
Barbara!  The maker of the cute "flip flop" pot holder. We just exchanged our miniature quilts.  
Another God- incident.  I don't know if God really cares who get what quilted hot pad, but I bet He got a kick out of it too!
Here's the back side of my pads.    I've had the spoon and fork fabric for awhile and was saving it for just the right project. Bingo!
The  pear and apple fabric is by Alexander Henry and has been around for awhile but I still just love it. 
I enjoyed making this pads so much that I decided to make an extra set as a gift to my new friend, Sarah, who graciously quilted two of the Rwanda quilts.  I hope she likes them.
I'm suddenly craving chocolate chip cookies....or maybe a trip to Dunkin' Donuts! Gotta go!
Happy quilting,
Carla

5 comments:

  1. Wasn't the swap fun! I happened to receive the other settlement cookbook potholder. Its so unique and very cool.

    I love your selvage potholders. I've started collecting selvages and was thinking about making something small to try working with them. Your potholders have inspired me! I have a little more collecting to do first.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hot pads! Good idea for those selvages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute are those pot holders!! Did you have instructions for the swap? I'm president of our night guild group this year, that would be such a cute idea. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alexander Henry fabrics are so wonderful, aren't they? And you have made something even more wonderful from them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't be more tickled with the potholder I got from you. Seriously, if I'd been able to choose one from the whole table, I would've chosen one of the selvedge potholders. :) Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete