Monday, June 21, 2010

Blueberry Bars


Mmm.....blueberries.  So good, and so good for you!
I finished this bar quilt yesterday....destined for New Hope Homes.  I've been working on it a while as a Leader/Ender project using scraps from my stash.

The quilting went fast; doing loops in the bars and a squiggle down each white strip. I bound it in an orange stripe that I had in my stash.  Did you notice the few orange slices scattered among the blueberries?

I have a special helper today. We're feeling sorta hungry now for some blueberry dessert!  Here's an easy recipe that you just gotta try...........

BLUEBERRY DUMP CAKE
1 can crushed pineapple (20 oz)
3 cups fresh blueberries
3/4 cup sugar
1 box dry yellow cake mix
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup pecans
1/4 cup sugar
Layer ingredients in order into a 13X9 pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Yummy topped with ice cream or cool whip.....or not!

3 comments:

  1. beautiful quilt! and thanks for the recipe. Looks like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's yummy!!!
    Lovely, simple pattern and simply gorgeous result!
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this!! absolutely love it. beyond love.

    ReplyDelete